National Honor Society hold Fashion Show fundraiser

Nina Kumle, Staff Writer

Dozens of students were able to strut their stuff at the National Honor Society’s Fashion Show on Saturday at Rezac Auditorium. In having this event, they raised $650 for the National Honor Society. While it was a requirement for members of the club, others had the opportunity to sign up in the nurse’s office.

Angie Moss, chair of the event and one of the emcees, went to Weisner’s and asked if students could model a few of their clothing items. Other stores included in the show were Borck Brothers, Dillards, Francesca’s, Wal-Mart and Rue 21.  Students were able to go to the stores to choose the outfits they would be modeling.

“So the entire show kind of all came together last minute,” Moss said “We kind of improvised the entire event and then everyone else was adjusting things through the entire show.  So, it was an interesting event, and Gavin [Larios, senior] and I definitely didn’t think it worked out very well. But, at the end of the show, lots of people came and complimented us on our performance.”

Larios, another emcee, was able to point out a few things that could have gone better, and that can be noted for future shows.

“The preparation that went into it could have gone a lot better,” he said, “and we didn’t get a program of the show until 15 minutes before and I didn’t know how to pronounce everyone’s names.”

The show included a performance by the Spanish Girls, a band which Larios is a member of.