Senior+Seth+Higgons%2C+Anna+Mackey%2C+juniors+Alexis+Gray+and+other+statistic+students+converse+during+spare+time+in+their+class.+

Photo by Josh Flickinger

Senior Seth Higgons, Anna Mackey, juniors Alexis Gray and other statistic students converse during spare time in their class.

Class, department changes to occur in 2018-2019 year

Recently-approved course and department changes are expected to occur in the 2018-2019 school year. The Mentor explores specific changes and how they will effect students.

Two new additions to Business pathway expand student options

Katya Tarabrina, Staff Writer

This semester, two new courses were added into the Business pathway. Business Communications is being taught at Manhattan High for the first time, along with Internet Marketing, which is a class that after having been removed from the roster a few years ago, has now come back. At this time, these classes are only being taught at the West Campus.   “I’m really excited about teaching [...

New math classes to come to MHS

Madison Ritz, Staff Writer

Students next year will have three new classes to gain college credit are coming to Manhattan High School. The dual credit courses with Manhattan Area Technical College include Technical Math I, Technical Math II and Elementary Statistics. For students who want to further their post-secondary education or plan to go to a technical college these classes will help to get some requirements out of the wa...

New U.S. History class offers new opportunities

Aloera Ostermann, Staff Writer

Students will have a new college-credit option for meeting their U.S. History requirement beginning next year. Manhattan Area Technical College is offering the course at Manhattan High. Next year, however, a new class will be offered, a U.S. History class offered by MATC. With the classes the highschool already has, there are certain ones that are required by the school in order to graduate. Tho...

Science Biomedical pathway to undergo significant changes

Meredith Comas, Online Editor-in-Chief

Unbeknownst to many students, the Manhattan High science department is host to three CTE pathways that provide students a chance to advance and excel in applied scientific technologies, such as the biomedical pathway. Featuring biology as its introductory course, as well as genetics, anatomy and Advanced Placement Biology as its technical courses, the new Biomedical Innovation class will serve ...

CTE department adds three new classes to curriculum

Sophia Comas, Sports Editor

In light of the new changes being implemented at Manhattan High, students can expect to see certain adjustments made to the Career and Technical Education courses offered at the school meant to better improve skill sets by making more specific courses. Part of those changes include specifying career pathways and adding more classes to the course book for the upcoming school year, which include new cou...

English department removes two classes

Kaitlin Clark, Print Editor-in-Chief

While there is still another semester for the 2018-2019 school year, Manhattan High’s English department is already looking forward to the next year, when many changes will be taking place. Planned department changes include changing ninth and 10th grade English class titles from advanced to accelerated, removing the Advanced American Literature and Composition and the Advanced Humanities and Co...

The Mentor • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mentor Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *