Staff sends support through letters

Letters for Hope shows staff support for administrative assistant Vanessa Hope through health battles.

Members of the school staff have been showing love for long-time staff member administrative assistant Vanessa Hope by writing her letters of support and inspiration to help her through her battle with multiple sclerosis.

“She’s just having difficulty finding a doctor that is finding a good treatment regimen for her. So she’s struggling with medication right now,” principal Greg Hoyt said. “Just generally not feeling good. She doesn’t have strength and she’s having difficulty taking nourishment.”

A while back, gifted facilitator Bev Fink and librarian Gail Hughes were talking and realized Hope’s contribution throughout the school goes above and beyond administrative assistant. Knowing that nobody had done anything yet, Fink and Hughes decided they would do an act of good for one of their peers that had helped them out numerous times. Hope didn’t want flowers or food so they decided they could help by sending her words of encouragement.

“She’s my go-to person if I need something for a student that is like like a new student coming in, she would have she knows at all she has the answers she knows what you can say and not say and that’s a good thing to do because I could open my mouth and insert foot,” Fink said. “When I get ready to do things for Advanced Placement sometimes she will help me with all kinds of different things”

Recently the school has been working together to support other members of our school. With soccer coach Frank Alonso passing away and the protest Westboro Baptist Church this is just another act of kindness to share. Barbara Clark, sophomore administrative assistant, has organized a cute basket so any members of the student body who would like to write a letter in support are welcome to drop it off there.

“It’s just an act of kindness to show empathy for somebody who’s going through a lot right now. And I felt like even though we all know teachers are busy,”  Hughes said. “We want Ms. Hope to know, even though we don’t see her every day we still miss her.”

The Mentor • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Mentor Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *