Blue Light Journal shows off student creativity

Riley Williamson, Staff Writer

The Blue Light Journal, Manhattan High’s literary magazine, The three-member editorial board of Blue Light Journal, Manhattan High’s literary magazine, is at work producing this year’s edition of the journal.

Blue Light Journal usually includes pieces of creative writing, art and photography. The editorial board’s hope is to put these works into a booklet to distribute throughout the school at the end of the year.

Right now we are trying to get people to put in their entries, such as poems, [and] any creative writing,” freshman Julianna Poe said.

Although the board hasn’t received many entries this year for the various contests they hosted, they hope it has become well known in the school.

“The people who are in charge of Blue Light Journal, the students, are going to be looking at the pieces that come in to decide if they’re of a fine enough quality to represent Manhattan High School,” said Ann Lee, co-sponsor for the journal in conjunction with Kristy Nyp

With each monthly contest there is a theme to go along with it. Some work was dismissed for a chance to win because it did not go along with the theme. However, those works could still be considered for the overall booklet.

It could still be considered for the overall booklet. Students who still want to be a part of the Blue Light Journal should submit their pieces by the end of this week to [email protected].

“You should enter your creative writing into the Blue Light Journal, because [this is a way] you can show off your creative writing skills,” Poe said.