MHS Choir holding annual Serenade

Amylee Gil, Staff Writer

Manhattan High Choir will hold the annual Serenades at 7 p.m. on Jan. 25 in Rezac Auditorium. 

Serenades is an approximately 90-minute concert that is completely student driven, meaning that the participants choose the music they will perform. There are all genres of music to be enjoyed at this event, from pop songs to musical theater pieces. Students have chosen any type of music that they feel best represents them and their voice. Serenades is an exciting way to start off the new semester, given this is their first event since Winter break. There are around 30 acts, consisting of some duets and many solos. 

“I’m so excited to sing my song for Miss Kansas,” sophomore Dakotah Garcia. “I’m excited to share my love for music with other people.” 

Sophomores Melody Claar and Savanah Price share her excitement about the big night and will be doing a duet together of “My Future” by Billie Eilish. They’re also looking forward to the Grade Finale, where all four choirs will be singing a “West Side Story” medley.

“I’m really excited about when all the choirs sing together,” Claar said. “It’s going to be so cool.”

Serenades is a free event to attend; however donations are accepted and appreciated.