Biggest issue during pickups at MHS

During pickups of students at the end of the day there is one main line, it wraps around the road closest to the school. A parent picks up their kid, gets out of line, and drives off. This makes it possible for parents who haven’t picked up their kids yet to be closer, making it easier for kids to find their parents once they get out of class.

But then there are times where parents won’t want to wait in line and create a second line, right next to the first one. Yes, this does mean that more parents can be closer to the school. I won’t deny that, but it won’t allow the parents who have gotten their kid to leave.

This may seem to be a mild inconvenience but what if the parents need to get back to work? What if the student has a doctor’s appointment immediately after school? Whatever the reason is for their rush, it doesn’t matter because they are trapped and can’t leave until the people in the second line get their child. This means that a parent isn’t operating on their own schedule, but on the people blocking their way in the second line.

If the school were to station people outside of the school to make sure that people are staying in one line, it would make things go a lot smoother because people would be moving a lot faster. They could also make signs that tell people that they can’t create a second line, just for extra measure.

So, I ask that if you know someone who does this to please remind them that others are waiting to leave, and making or participating in a second line only complicates things.