Anime Club hosts kick-off party

Ale Flores, Staff Writer

Anime Club had their kick-off party, where all students that signed up could go and learn the club’s plans for the year, meet each other and share food. The officers of the Anime Club organized fun games and food. Everyone had fun, though the room was a little crowded.

“I think the party went okay,” Erin Heller, President of the Anime Club said. “It almost felt like too many people. It was another challenge.”

Anime Club also has a new sponsor who the members of the club are really happy to have.

“I think she’s very awesome. She has changed things [a] bit but in a positive way. Most of our older sponsors didn’t have any experience sponsoring an Anime Club, but she has. She sponsored an Anime Club at Junction City, like 2 or 3 years ago, so she has really good ideas,” Heller said.

Tiffany Stevenson, Special need kids teacher and new sponsor of the Anime Club, is excited about working with the students throughout the school year.  

“Our biggest goals are to to make it to “Naka-Kon”, get back to the community, and bully prevention events. We have a lot of ideas,” Stevenson said.

Naka-Kon is an annual three day anime convention. The convention typically features contests, game shows, panels, showings, vendor booths, video game rooms and workshops.

During the party, Anime Club officers took the time to announce some of the events occurring during the year. One of the most relevant is The Anime Club T-shirt Contest where members of the Anime Club get to create a design for the club’s t-shirt. The winner of the contest gets a free Naka-Kon ticket and the runner-ups get a half priced ticket.

“We want to have an Anime Club t-shirt. In order to come up with a design we’ve made a contest. The three best will have to be approved by the administration and the winner will be chosen by Mr. Rupe,” Stevenson said.

The president of the Anime Club also was excited about the contest.

“I think it’s a great idea. Every other club has a t-shirt. We are Anime Club. We like art. We should have had one already but we never got the right sponsoring,” Heller said.

Even though there were some complications because of the number of people in the room, everyone enjoyed the party.

“[There was] too much noise, people should be more respectful because everyone’s being crazy, either way it’s been fun,” junior Brittiny Webb said.