Key Club packs boxes to be sent to children in third-world countries

Maya Minocha, Blue M Organizations Editor

• Sophomore Alex Lu assembles Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Senior Caitlin Rusk assembles Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Seniors Christina Martin and Ashley Stuckwish assemble Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Junior Chloe Dorst assembles Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Senior Rachel Chang, Key Club sponsor Ms. Sapp and sennior Caitlin Rusk assemble Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Key Cub Senior assemble Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

• Sophomore Alex Lu, senior Shelby Baron and senior Andrea Lu assemble Operation Christmas boxes so they can be filled with presents and essentials to be shipped to children in third world countries.

This past week, Key Club got together and packed boxes full of toys and necessities for Operation Christmas Child.

“Operation Christmas Child is where you get a shoe box and fill it with things like toys, crafts and other fun things for children in third world countries to receive on Christmas,” senior Autumn Hatcliff said.

Operation Christmas Child is run through the global non-profit organization Samaritan’s Purse. They have distribution centers scattered across the United States waiting to be sent to their receiver.

“These are going to be sent to kids that don’t usually get Christmas presents, and we have a bunch of toys and stuff and we are just packing everything in there,” senior Christina Martin said.

Key Club will do Operation Christmas as one of their service projects during the holidays.

“The holiday spirit is really about sharing with other people as opposed to getting all the material gifts that you can receive, and it is important to remember that and that is why it is important to give back during the holidays,” senior Caitlin Rusk said.