Third annual NHS Fashion show doesn’t cease to amaze

Rezac Auditorium was home for the 75th Annual Hunger Games this Saturday, according to junior Grant Williams. The crowd erupted in laughter as the emcees kicked the show off with their humor, introducing the third annual National Honor Society fashion show.

Various local venders reached out and donated clothes for the show.

“We had an outpouring of support from local vendors that provided us with gift cards,” NHS sponsor Robin Smith said. “The goal of NHS is to have funding in our accounts for helping students.”

The show consisted of prize raffling, performances done by students and the emcee’s quick wit.

“I was asked to emcee and I was like ‘that’d be a good experience,’” Williams said. “The fashion show was funny because we didn’t really know what was going to happen. It was a success [and] made people laugh.”

The lighting crew managed to help emphasize the details on the models’ dresses.

“The lighting of the show was amazing because all the beading and everything that was on the dresses looked amazing,” Smith said.

Many MHS students participated to model clothes from business such as Francesca’s and Bork Brothers. Other local venders from Bluestem Bistro to ACE Hardware provided gift cards.

“We’ve done many beneficial drives for the USD 383 community,” Smith said.

Though there weren’t many students that have attended the show, they raised money and awareness while having fun.

“I think the best part was how happy everyone was,” light crew head Samantha Hall, junior, said. “I especially liked the emcees. I thought they did a good job. I thought they pulled it off very well, like, bravo to them.”