Softball prepares for first game

Cole Schmitt, Social Media Manager

As the 2019 Manhattan High School softball season is almost upon them, the Lady Indians prepare to play their first two games in McPherson today.

“We’re working hard and just work better as a team,” senior Veronica Knight said. “We’re trying to focus on communicating better. Varsity obviously wants to go for state this year. [We need to work on] talking, working as a team, listening to upperclassmen.”

The team has been practicing for a couple weeks now and are excited to get on the field and get going. They have high hopes for the season and have worked real hard in these pregame practices to eventually be able to achieve them.

“We really want to become a stronger team,” senior Rebecca Olsen said. “We’re going to work on teamwork a lot. And obviously winning.”

The team is doing many things while they prepare for the upcoming season. As they set out their goals for the season the team is excited and ready for the challenge.

“We have a lot of team bonding moments where we just kind of sit around and play games and stuff,” Olsen said. “We really work on talking to each other and gaining trust with each other.”

As the season continues, team will work to achieve their goals and fight for a winning title.

“We’re just going to work really hard this year,” senior Mckenna Claussen said. “We have a game coming up [today] and we’re hoping to win.”