Letter from the student body president

Hannah Higgins, Guest Columnist

Hey Manhattan High School, my name is Hannah Higgins and I am your Student Body President this year. 

I want to start off by saying how pumped I am for this year and everything it will bring. Being a part of Student Council has brought experiences and opportunities that I am very grateful for and I am so blessed to be able to continue that this year. Will Bannister, Lexi Feather and Elizabeth Kim are all wonderful people to be working alongside this year and we are all more than ready to channel our collective excitement and motivation into this coming school year. We all have great aspirations and ideas for how we can better the organization and transparency of Student Council as well as make all of the events and activities we are a part of this year the best that they possibly can be. 

Some things that we have already done to prepare for this year include planning the “What Not to Wear Fashion Show” that we will be presenting to the incoming Freshmen, brainstorming ideas for the Mr. MHS Pageant and planning an activity that we can put on for the student body in the spring. 

This year will meet us with many changes as students. One of these changes is our new principal, Mr. Dorst. I am very happy to say that Mr. Dorst has been a great support system for Student Council already and I am more than confident that he will do the same for all students of Manhattan High School. I encourage you to welcome him with open arms this year as our new principal and take advantage of any opportunity you get to get to know him on a deeper level. And lastly, as always, I encourage you to reach out to any of your Student Body officers or class Officers if you have any concerns or questions this year. We are here to be your support system and to value the thoughts of you, the students, more than our own. 

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve in this role. It’s going to be a great year MHS. Go Indians!