BPA sells chicken to raise for Nationals

Katya Tarabrina, Blue M Organizations Editor

Several students at Manhattan High enjoy chicken, and Business Professionals of America club took advantage of this fact last Tuesday when they hosted a fundraiser with Chick-fil-A.  

“The money we earn helps us pay for State, which is in Wichita in February,” club advisor Kristen Hopkins said. “If we advance to Nationals we will travel to Washington D.C. in May, all the little fundraisers we do helps us kind of, you know, cut down the costs on traveling.” 

BPA plans to work with other restaurants as well in order to raise enough for their trip, they also help out with Mr. MHS, which takes place in late November.

“So it was kind of like used as promotion for them for people to get their mobile app,” BPA senior president Collin Devane said. ”If you ordered on their mobile app they gave us like 15% whereas if you just went in, they give us 5%.” 

The fundraiser was used as an advertising campaign for Chick-fil-A, with students using their personal social media such as Snapchat and Instagram stories to promote the mobile ordering system. 

“We have a point system in BPA to like earn points for State. Every post you do on social media, you got [a] point,” Devane said. “That was kind of how we spread the word.”