Club members attend Club Feast at West Campus

Laneya Christian, Staff Writer

Last Wednesday, Student Council held this year’s club feast. StuCo president senior Ella Ruliffson organized the event.

“I reached out to my sponsor and [assistant principal Larry] Myers who gave me the rundown of [past] club feasts on what could be done this year,” Ruliffson said. “I reached out to all sponsors of the clubs to let them know about the event.

Ruliffson sent out an Outlook calendar event to students where they could RSVP to attend or decline.

“We got an overview on which clubs were interested and which were not,” Ruliffson said. 

Club feast is normally a collaboration of all clubs at MHS. Everyone brings food to celebrate the end of the semester and what they accomplished so far this year.

“This year we were not sure of [StuCo’s] boundaries when bringing food,” Ruliffson said. “StuCo has to provide a general meal in case others couldn’t bring food.”

In past years the club feast is more advertised and has more participation from both StuCo and other clubs. 

“This year because of COVID-19 and precautions we really had to be careful,” Ruliffson said. “Especially with food being individually packaged and how the food was handled to prevent issues.”

It turned out to be a small turnout due to the notice of the event. Everyone there had a good time.

“I think the event went really well,” sophomore Jordyn West said. “I wasn’t planning on going originally, it turned out to be a good decision.”

Everyone there contributed to the food and brought packaged items. The collaboration with each group was enjoyable.

“It was fun catching up with friends and chatting with others there,” West said. “It felt similar to a potluck, which was nice and welcoming.”

In the past the club feast was a really big event for StuCo. 

“Next semester’s club feast hopefully will have a bigger turnout,” Ruliffson said. “It was still great and I can’t wait.”