Forensics prepares for season

McKayla Clark Snodgrass, Page Editor

A new forensics season is about to begin. Many students are returning from the previous debate season.

“I think we’ve got a really strong group and we’ve got one of our strongest starts,” head coach Mac Phrommany said. 

For some students, this will be their last forensics season.

“It’s my senior year,” senior Megan Long said. “So I’m excited to hopefully do well and I’m excited about the topics that I’m going to be able to talk about this year.”

Long competed in the debate season last semester, which is different from the forensics season.

“Debate is very, very high intensity,” Long said. “Forensics is a lot more friendly, I would say. And it kind of [is] more, much more creative than debate.”

Although the seasons are different, there is some overlap between the seasons. With forensics season starting as debate ends.

“The transition is pretty natural,” Phrommany said. “A lot of our norms and a lot of how [competing] operates translates pretty nicely between the debate and the forensics season and yeah it’s just a different type of competition.”

Forensics consists of different categories students can compete in such as Oration and Domestic Extemporaneous, which Long will be competing in. 

Forensics will meet for the first time Friday and Saturday at the Catholic Classic tournament hosted by St. James Academy.