Robotics struggles in Central Missouri Regionals

Will Ivester, Sports Editor

The Manhattan High Robotics team placed 27th this weekend in the Central Missouri Regionals. The team had a record of 3-9-1 in their matches. For the competition teams were placed with two other teams to make a 3v3 match up. To gain points in the competition teams had to pick up boxes and cones and had to balance theri robots on a moving platform.

On day one of the competition the team played some practice matches and made all of the final preparations they needed for the robot before the qualifying rounds for the next two days.

“It was a very competitive environment with a lot of great teams and a lot of competition,” sophomore Andrei Mazin said.

On day two the team started off rough losing their first five games in blowouts 44-105, 75-116, 50-114, 91-50 and 139-96.

In Manhattan’s next three matches they were able to bounce back as they won 81-54 and 91-89 and tied 75-75 as they went 2-5-1 on the day. 

On the final day of the competition the team lost their first 82-113, but bounced back to win their second 72-63.

To finish the competition the team went 0-3 with the final scores of 88-141, 79-121 and 84-147. The team ended with a record of 3-9-1 to place 27th which was not enough to make the playoffs.

“Next year we could be more organized during the build season and get things done quicker and more efficiently,” Mazin said.