‘Sweet dreams’ had by all at Prom

Gabby Turner, Photo Editor

Last weekend, the junior class Student Council put on this year’s Prom, the theme being “Sweet Dreams.”

The school week leading up to Prom consisted of a dress up spirit week, including the themes neon out, dream vacation, dreaming out of this world, dreaming of our future and pajama day. 

Before Prom could start, members of StuCo had to decorate the Manhattan Town Center with the help of Confetti and Cashmere.

“I thought that went really well,” junior class president Emery Ruliffson said. “We definitely need to make a document of everything that we did but overall, I thought it went pretty well.”

Prom itself had many mixed opinions, with many commenting on the music selection and venue.

“The music wasn’t super bad,” sophomore Payton Pesnell said. “However, as a sophomore, it was a good first time experience.”

“I enjoyed the promenade,” junior Faith Kratochvil said. “I only wish that Prom was at a different venue rather than the mall.”

Three time attendee of Prom, senior Taryn Robinson, compared this Prom to the others in the past.

“Prom was definitely different from the past couple years,” Robinson said. “The lights were on the entire time and the songs were hard to dance to, but the setup was nice.”

At 10:20, it was announced that Prom royalty was going to be crowned, starting with junior queen and king. Nadia Evangelidis and Miles Braxmeyer won junior royalty while seniors Olivia Payne and PJ Hughes won senior royalty. This would be Hughes second time winning royalty, as he won junior king last year.

“Well, it was kind of great,” Evangelidis said. “In that moment I was shy but it was nice.”

For most StuCo members, they were happy with how things went.

“It was a great team effort and I’m glad everything went smoothly,” junior class treasurer Anvesha Sharda said. “Everyone that I talked to enjoyed the dance and the atmosphere.”