Pokemon With Guns

Hunter Flagg

Palworld, also known as “Pokemon with guns,” came out on Jan. 19 with a Boom. 

Palworld is very similar to many different games like Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokemon and Minecraft. Palworld has the crafting elements of Minecraft but has the world of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and has creatures like Pokemon.

In Palworld you go out into the world and capture Pals, which are a lot like Pokemon. Pals can be used to fight, craft and run your base. Different elements of Pals do different tasks at base. If you have a water Pal, you can have that Pal go water the plants. 

Pals also have weaknesses against other Pal types. There are Pals that can be ridden around the world as well. There are 113 different Pals that users are able to collect.

When you first get put into the world, you start with nothing. You have to go collect stone and wood to be able to catch your first Pal. The starting Pals are a Sheep, a cat and a chicken. After some time, you are able to obtain many other Pals. Once you obtain a certain level, you can hatch or breed specific Pals.

There is so much to explore in Pal world; the world is huge. There are bosses around the map that you have to kill to get ancient technology. Once you have ancient technology, you are able to obtain some fun technology to craft. Everytime you level up, you get technology points. You can unlock new technology to craft new items. With these technology points, you are able to get Pal accessories. With these Pal accessories, you are able to ride your Pal, hold your Pal, or even have them hold a gun. 

Every so often when you are at your base, a raid of some kind will come and try to destroy your base. You have to protect your base and fight alongside your Pals at your base. The raids can vary from thugs to other Pals.

One of the big things that people dislike about this game is that you can capture the thugs. The thugs work just the same as Pals. Thugs can go do jobs at your base and do everything that a Pal does. That one feature makes things a little awkward, but other than that, it’s a really fun game. It is really fun to just go out exploring for hours. There are so many different Pal to try and collect all with their own little personalities.

There are some Pals that only come out at night. Pals at night are most hostile then Pals during the day. You also need to be careful at night if you don’t have armor. There is a little icon that shows if your character is cold or hot. At night you can’t go away from your campfire at base without armor.

If you enjoy exploration and Pokemon games and crafting, then I suggest you play Palworld, because of all the fun collectable characters, exploring many different maps and the mix of multiple popular video games.