Break your boundaries

Jordan Lutz, Staff Writer

Go and ask a dedicated art student what art means to them. Many of them may say that art is death. Well, it is true. Art kills. It kills the boundaries that people set up for us. So, use it. Use art and destroy the boundaries. Do not let yourself be limited by others.

Life can be hard for us teenagers. We are expected to do so many things and to be like adults, yet we are told we can not do many other things because we are not adults. There are so many limits put on us that the stress builds. How do we be ourselves if people put so many restrictions on us? The answer is simple: forget them and just feel.

Let your feelings flow. There are many types of art, so let those emotions show through words, sounds, pictures, anything. Ignore the criteria that the world puts on you. These are your feelings; express them how you want. Art is one of the best ways to express how you feel.

Never feel like your art needs to be perfect, it does not have to be. This is all about you, not about what society thinks art should be like.

Break through the boundary and show your true colors. How you feel is what makes you an individual. Do not let others take that away from you. Use your feelings and use art to break the limits people set on you. No matter what society might say, never stop expressing yourself. Destroy the boundaries through art.