District rescheduling committee sends out surveys

Madeline Marshall, Print Editor-in-Chief

This past week both the district-wide and Manhattan High schedule committees made strides towards reaching their long term goals. The district rescheduling committee, after spending time discussing each education level’s ideal schedule circumstances, worked to create faculty and parent surveys on which to mold their plans on.

“We just worked on finalizing survey questions that we’re going to send out to parents and faculty and staff,” committee member and MHS senior principal Angie Messer said. “We spent a majority of the time hammering out those questions and then we spent some time finalizing our discussion our goals. Our overall goal is to make a K through 12 calendar that’s more consistent.”

The surveys were sent out yesterday afternoon. At the building level, MHS faculty/committee members have been working together to create possible MHS schedule options for next year.

“At this point in the time the committee has come up with three possibilities,” member Heidi Rippert said. “Those possibilities are going to be evaluated by teachers and administrators to evaluate the pros and cons of each in the coming weeks. Right now everything is on the table from a schedule similar to what we have now to a block schedule. We just want to make sure that we come up with the best for our Manhattan High students.”

A decision will be made once the feedback is evaluated. From there the MHS schedule proposal will be sent to the district committee for approval for next school year.