AFS sees decrease in activities

Jordan Lutz, Staff Writer

In past years, the Manhattan High American Field Society has done many different activities as a club to show exchange students the American culture.

This year, however, is not like previous years, as the club had fewer activities happen due to schedules not synching.

“There’s just that the students are very active in what they do and a lot of times they have other plans,” senior Ethan Levin, AFS Club president, said. “We just have to get the word out better.”

Many club members want to have the exchange students themselves participate, but they have been busy in other various after school activities.

“I think the biggest reason is the foreign exchange students have been busy,” junior member Angelica Lang said. “I think it’s good that the students are getting involved in more things. I don’t really think of that as a bad thing.”

After a long break between successful events, AFS has planned a trip to Kansas City after some interest from students was shown.

“It’s just a fun thing,” Levin said. “We asked the students, a few of them are leaving at semester and we asked them if there is one thing the AFS Club would like to do and one of those things was to go to Kansas City. There’s a lot of things in America and we are just a school club. So, yeah, it’s just one of the fun things that they just want to do.”