Soccer prepares for Blue Valley Stillwell

Erick Echegaray, Sports Editor

After continuing their dominating campaign in their home pitch, the Manhattan girls soccer team prevailed once again against three different opponents, two of which fell to the Lady Indians at Bishop Stadium continuing their unbeaten run at home.

“We’ve been learning each other’s playing and it’s been a lot easier for us to play,” sophomore winger Kaitlyn French said.

Manhattan first defeated Emporia State on April 12 by a score of 4-1 and then went on to defeat Seaman on April 15 by a score of 4-2 to finish the week. The Lady Indians would then go for a third straight home win as they would then face Great Bend last Monday in what would be a match absolutely dominated by Manhattan who would win the match by a score of 8-0.  

“We’ve been connecting really well as a team. We’re also finishing really well, it’s just been really good overall,” French said.

Manhattan will face Blue Valley Stillwell when they travel to Overland Park for yet another away match that will threaten to break their recent win streak.

“I think it’s going to be a really good game we really have high expectations. We’re shooting for winning the rest of our games,” French said.

Manhattan will kick off Tuesday against Blue Valley Stillwell starting at 6 p.m.