Lecrae’s new album, All Things Work Together

Mason Alberto, Staff Writer

One of the top selling Christian Rap/ Hip-Hop artist of all time, Lecrae, released his eighth studio album called “All Things Work Together.”

Lecrae is one of the most well known Christian-based artist of his generation. His past albums and mixtapes consist of “Anomaly,” “Gravity,” “Rehab,” “Rebel,” “After the Music Stops,” “Rehab: The Overdose,” “Real Talk” and “Church Clothes” volumes 1, 2 & 3. Lecrae holds two Grammys for his work and reached the number three spot in the Billboard Top 200 in 2014 for his album, “Anomaly.” On top of those accomplishments, Lecrae is the co-founder, owner and president of Reach Records, an independent record label founded in 2004 that focuses on the genre of Christian rap.

“I think he’s better than most rap artists because he’s spreading positive messages,” Avery Smith, sophomore, said.

The new album “All Things Work Together,” was released Sept. 22. Overall, I like listening to the album because it flows into the next song and holds the theme that “All Things Work Together.” The album also tells a story in each song that’s positive. All the songs are good to me but my favorites are “Blessings” and “Broke.”

The album has a feature from Ty Dolla $ign in the song “Blessings.” Another feature on the album is from Tori Kelly in the song “I’ll Find You” where they’re talking about to not give up on life and encouraging people not to give up. The other features are Aha Gazelle, 1K Phew, Nija, Verse Simmonds, Taylor Hill, Kierra Sheard and Jawan Harris.

On Genius.com, a popular website for lyric explanations, Lecrae talks about getting the opportunities to get to do things that others can’t do and appreciating them. He uses the example that he’s been nominated for five Grammy awards but hasn’t won all of them, explaining that he’s glad he even had the opportunity to be nominated for the awards.

The new album spreads messages and his stories while talking Christianity which I personally like because it’s not so aggressive and his music is catchy. Compared to other Rap/Hip Hop genre artists, Lecrae is one of the only top artists that has non-explicit music.

“Lecrae is enjoyable to listen to,” Tiffany Huser, sophomore, said.

On top of Lecrae releasing the new album, he also announced that he was going to have “All Things Work Together Tour” for the fall season throughout the U.S. His first concert stop is at Memphis, Tennessee, tomorrow and makes a stop in Kansas City, Missouri, at The Truman on Saturday and ends in Chicago on Dec. 6.