Prom setup cretes enduring challenge

Maddy Gleason, Staff Writer

It’s not easy setting up a beautiful prom with a huge chandelier, a candlelit photo wall, and a huge buffet of snacks. Even though Junior Class Student Council makes it look easy, it really takes hard work and lots of time.

This year’s theme was “A Night in Candle Light”, which included classic decorations with hundreds of candles and a huge centerpiece chandelier.

“I think a huge highlight to planning prom was the photo wall and chandelier,” junior and StuCo member Lauren Cassou said. “Our indoor committee stayed long hours and both the wall and chandelier looked amazing.”  

Junior Class Stuco contains 20 members, each assigned to different tasks.

“I was personally in charge of bleachers, so my work wasn’t as hard, but the indoor committee had a lot of work with the photo wall and chandelier,” Cassou adds.

Many parents and peers also helped out to make the perfect prom.

The indoor decoration staff included Cami Wells, Blase Hayden, Renee Raglin, and Abby Cronander. All were helping setting up the main stage and putting together the photo wall, chandelier, and put twinkle lights around the mall.

“On Saturday the whole process took about five hours. But if you include the chandelier then it took roughly nine hours,” junior Cami Wells, chair of the indoor committee said. “My dad, Jim Wells, helped make the chandelier and photo wall and helped us out so much, along with so many other parents. The highlight of it all was being able to see all of our hard work come together to make a beautiful prom.”