Warning: pirates take over the school, ‘Peter and the Starcatcher’

Nina Kumle, Staff Writer

Many students participating in the winter play dressed up as pirates last Tuesday to advertise the show. This dress-up day is known as Gapper Day.

“It was to do something flashy and to have people say, ‘Why is that person dressed up?’ and hope they ask and we could tell them about the show and then get them to come,” junior Samuel Clark said

Dressing up gave cast members a unique opportunity to publicize the play. Those who were really into it went all out and dressed as pirates all day.

“t’s fun to see other people dressing up as pirates,” senior Wesley Danielson said, “because it’s really is just playing pretend and it’s fun, and theater is fun, and helps you loosen up and it gives you something to look forward to in life. And it’s fun to be pirates with all of your pirate buddies, but cool to wear puffy shirts and speak with accents…and stick your teeth out…with an overbite. It’s very enjoyable and I like very much that I decided to do this.”

Because it was out of the norm, it grabbed students’ attention, to wonder more about the play.

This was also a way to bring the cast together. Samantha hall was one of the many who dressed up for Gapper Day.

“Theater has always been like a family and when we decided to do something we all do it together,” Hall said.