Manhattan JV Indians destroy opposing tribe Hays High

Hunter Flagg, Staff Writer

In a decisive victory against the Hays High School Indians, Manhattan High’s Junior Varsity team defeated HHS 30-0.

In the first quarter, before many spectators were even settled in the stands, MHS Indians put points on the board with a touchdown with an added two-point conversion. This put Manhattan at 8-0.

As the head Junior Varsity Coach, Lucas Aslin, said, the offense,“put us up early, so the defense could do their job.” 

The offense was not the only side of the ball that showed up, however. Aslin was very optimistic about the excellent job the defense did with the shutout against the opposing team all throughout the entire game. 

Aslin pointed out a few star players, such as sophomore Trey Hoover, for blocking very well.

In the second quarter, the game sped up, with MHS scoring two more touchdowns with four points in conversions, leaving the score at 24-0. However, Hays did bite back, leaving MHS’s Troy Medlin hobbling off the field during an offensive play.

In the third and fourth quarters, though both sides started to tire, MHS scored another touchdown without a two-point conversion. MHS also kept up with the hard hitting, which Hays suffered from.

In the last junior varsity game, Manhattan brought home a strategic victory against the 0-3 Topeka High Trojans. The team, currently 2-1, looks forward to facing off against Washburn Rural Blues on their home turf  Sept. 26.