Dance excelling at gameday with more to come

Kaylee Kurman, Online Editor-in-Chief

Dance at Manhattan High has changed drastically the past three years with their change of leadership. Third-year coach Kayla Holle  has brought an increase in numbers, new uniforms and pushing them as a team.

“From my freshman year to now I’ve seen myself form into a completely different athlete and watch my team become what it is today,” senior Abby Gregory said.

This year the team has cheered on the Manhattan High football team at every single home game and performed five halftime routines. These dances are all different and have been prepared the week of during practice giving them four days to learn and prefect. 

“Learning our new dances is one of my favorite things,” sophomore Emma Crouch said, “because it’s something new and it pushes us to do better every time.”

In addition to game day performances the dance team has also taken on a competition in February in Kansas City. This competition is fairly new to the team, with them first attending last season. 

“The thing I’m most excited for this year is competition because that is my favorite part about dance,”sophomore Claire Mosser said. 

At this event they will be competing in a jazz, pom, hip hop, and lyrical routine. This season has been ground breaking for these girls and there is so much more for them to accomplish.