New Wing Update

Daniel Biniecki, Managing Editor

This school year one of the biggest and most prominent events that’s been happening is the construction of the new wing of West Campus is almost complete. With this new installment the freshman of next year will be moved up to West Campus and East Campus will be completely eliminated. “The new wing is about 98% complete,” Principal Michael Dorst said. “We just need to furnish it and it will be ready for the freshman next year.”

In this construction zone there is an extension to the ever-long E Hall which will include three science classrooms and one public restroom. At the end of E Hall will be a second commons called the Sunset Commons.

“The Sunset Commons is going to be a place for students to sit quietly, put on their headphones and eat lunch,” Dorst said.

The last area that will be added on the lower floor is a teacher planning area and a mothers room for teachers to privately breastfeed and care for their child. 

On Upper D Hall there are around half a dozen new classrooms as well as three private breakout areas for students to work with a teacher or with each other. 

This new area being opened has people wondering if teachers would have to move their classrooms, which is true for some teachers. A Hall where our English-Language Arts is currently located, will be turned into the new Social Studies Hallway. Upper C Hall will be the new English Hall. World Languages will be stretched out through E Hall, Math classes will be spread out but grouped in the same area and just like Dorst said, Science classes will be spread out in the new and old wing to make room for some physical and life science classes. 

“The new wing is about 98% complete,” Dorst said. “We just need to furnish it and it will be ready for the freshman next year.”