The Mentor

The Mentor

The Mentor

Seniors Should Paint Their Spots

Hunter Flagg

The second I hit my senior year I want to do everything like they do in movies. I want to be cool with everyone, I want to win Prom queen, I want to win state in the sports I associate with, I want to go to the parties and I want to graduate, but most importantly I want to paint my parking spot.

Manhattan High does not allow it and the principal does not think it’s a great idea either.

There’s no convincing that man and he has his reasoning on why he runs things the way he does, but I don’t think that there’s anything that can go wrong with it. Hopefully seniors are mature enough to do things the right way and if not then he can do whatever he considers a valid consequence. But if the seniors just start the year off by getting or choosing a parking spot to paint in the lower lot for everyone to see. It would be memorable for them, very memorable.

They could end the year off by washing the paint off completely and just admiring it before they leave for college. The underclassman should be able to look and get excited about it, it’s small but it can mean a lot. It gives the seniors the option to express themselves through art. They can be creative in their own way and it’s not based on what teachers are telling them.  I think that letting seniors paint their parking will give them a sense of freedom. It will give them something to look forward to when they get up in the morning to go to school and something to look forward to after a long miserable day of hard work.