What is a yearbook worknight like?

Taylor Bullock, Staff Writer

The Blue M is made up of hard working, dedicated students who bring you a new edition of the yearbook every school year. These students put insane amounts of time and effort into the making of Manhattan Highs yearbooks. Being students themselves, they have to balance school work, sports, coverage and producing the yearbook. With papercut blood, stress sweat, and laughter tears they manage to get it done. So, what’s a yearbook worknight like? Here’s some pros and cons to give you some insight:

Pros:

“We all get to know each other better, and it’s a way to really respond and really come a family,” Megan Klug said.

“For breaks sometimes we have dance parties. We have an entire hour of country music and line dancing,” Jordan Lutz said.

“It’s definitely more relaxed. It’s not a get everything or die [night],” Jacob Clanton said.

“On these work nights, they get a whole bunch of work done. Plus, they get to be more of a group,” adviser Kristy Nyp said.

Cons:

There’s less people, so typically there should be more work to do. There’s always something to be working on,” Jacob Clanton said.

“The longest we’ve stayed here’s been 10:30, so it gets exhausting,” Jordan Lutz said.

“It can be hard to be gone from home a lot and not get to do other things we want to do,” Kristy Nyp said.

“If we have a day to finish a lot of pages it’s definitely going to be a little intense in the room,” Megan Klug said.