Oh the Places to Go

Kaitlin Clark, Blue M Managing Editor

While some might regard Manhattan as another small Kansas town, there is a lot that it has to offer. There’s a variety of activities for everyone to enjoy year-round that cater to all interests.  Manhattan truly is a fun town, as long as you know where to look.

The McCain Auditorium frequently has a lineup of travelling acts showcased, with events ranging from musical theatre performances to stand-up comedy acts. Upcoming events include a performance from the 1960s rock band Creedence Clearwater in their act, “Creedence Clearwater Revisited,” as well as a stage adaptation of the hit 1980s movie “Dirty Dancing.” McCain Auditorium is constantly updating its list of events, so check back often to get tickets to the most popular acts.

Aggieville isn’t just a place for college students, there’s plenty for high schoolers to do, too.  With a fun, youthful feeling, Aggieville boasts several great places to eat and a few fun stores to look into. Varsity Donuts, along with their food truck, and Bluestem Bistro are both businesses that provide the often sought after “small-town feeling” while also having fun menus. Bluestem even offers paleo and vegetarian options. Meanwhile, Acme Gift has a variety of fun novelty items that every teenager will love. Aggieville is the perfect place for an early morning donut stop or a weekend lunch with friends.

The Manhattan Arts Center, or MAC, showcases local talent in its many theatre and musical performances. The summer musical is always a big draw to theatrically-inclined students at Manhattan High School, while there are also many opportunities for younger children to be involved. The MAC provides great opportunities for actors and actresses, while also providing audiences with a new and unique experience every time.

Regardless of what someone may be looking to do, Manhattan always seems to have something new to offer.