Preview of Homecoming Pep Rally

Hannah Le and Katya Tarabrina

With the 2018 Homecoming Pep Rally approaching on Wednesday, Sept. 26, the students are busy preparing for their performances. The cheer and dance team, as well as the band, will be performing at the rally.

“We’ve come together as a team, [both Junior Varsity and Varsity] with three-hour-long practices twice a week for the past month, focusing on a difficult routine to wow the crowd once we go out there,” Meghan Maine, senior cheerleader, said.

Maine also includes, “I think once we go out there and perform, we’ll hit everything and make it perfect. We’ve been working hard to put everything together. I know I’m excited to show everyone what we’ve been working on.”

“[We will be performing] a hip-hop piece, [that is] a bunch of songs combined, which is cool,” Anika Nyp, a freshman on the dance team said.

Tribe Club members, led by sponsor Leslie Finnell, are in charge of organizing the pep rally. Finnell said that tribe has been coordinating where all the students will be seated at the event.

Finnel said she’s excited about this year’s rally and it’s a different structure than from past years, in order to involve more students.

On what will be happening at the rally, Finnell said, “This year, the pep rally will be just a pep rally, [with] no games or speeches,” she said.

The band will also be performing many songs, such as the Fight Song and our school song. Finnell said that she believes the 2018 pep rally will involve more students, and she is excited for the day to come.