J.V. Boys Soccer ties with Emporia

The Boys Junior Varsity soccer team tied with Emporia in an intense game on Thursday afternoon with the final score being 1-1.

Neither team scored in the first half. Neither team had yet scored in the second half with seven minutes remaining. Until freshman Benjamin Clever scored a goal assisted by junior Cade Grogg. Not even two minutes later, Emporia was able to score a point.

“I thought we were doing pretty good. Especially the second half when Ben scored that really good goal.” Said freshman Miki Nouh. “I thought we needed to communicate a little bit but for the most part for us, pretty good.” Nouh said. “I think we can work on [communicating] a little bit.” Nouh said.

“[Last part of the game] was intense. I was disappointed that we let [Emporia] win at the end. Still, good game.” Said junior Cade Grogg.

Scoring was sophomore Diego Jiron-Corrales main intentions. “I was just trying to get the ball and take it up, but I should have passed more, you know.” Said Jiron-Corrales. “Obviously, [the ending] wasn’t really what we wanted. Kind of sucked. Pretty mad. Said some honorary words. But I mean it’s part of soccer, it’s what we do. We’ll get them next time though when we play them again.” Said Jiron-Corrales

“I think it took us a long time to settle into the game and to play how we wanted to play and I don’t think we ever truly reached the level of play that we were looking for and the type of play we were looking for but it did get better as the game went on we grew into it just never it felt like we were never fully able to hit top gear.” Coach Marshall Adams said.

“One thing that these guys need to know is that they’re capable of more and if some of them were to buy in a little bit more into what we’re asking them to do then I think it could have a big impact because they’re very capable team and some of them just don’t know it yet” Adams said.