JV Soccer Destroys Wichita South

Manhattan High went up against Wichita South on Tuesday, Sept. 12. The final score was 10-0. The game ended early due to Wichita South being mercy ruled.

Manhattan scored seven goals by halftime. Goals one through three were made by junior Benjamin Clever. Goals four and six were scored by freshman Miki Nouh, and goal five was scored by freshman Colby Taylor. The final goal made before halftime was scored by freshman Daniel Ziegler.

After halftime, three final goals were made. The eighth goal was scored by sophomore Axel Gaxolia. The ninth goal was scored by sophomore Prescott Balderson and the final goal of the night was scored by Taylor. 

“First half went well, we were a little bit impatient.” assistant coach Marshall Adams said.

“When working with new teammates it’s easy to build bad habits, hard to break out of bad habits and we are working hard to break out of those habits.”assistant coach Marshall Adams said. 

The team is playing very well at their practices and games “ Goal for the team as a whole is to make less mistakes.” assistant coach Marshall Adams stated,“ Come out to the games, we need more people to come out.” so make sure you check out the games!

Sophomore Sky Buffington’s opinions about today’s game. 

“As a team we did good but we definitely could’ve done better.” 

“Low of the game was the end, I feel like we got over confident,” Buffington said. “The high was that we played well and we won.” 

What is a goal for the season? “I would say a goal for the season is to continue going undefeated.” 

Is there any improvements you think should be made? “ We could work on teamwork and control.”