How to be an MHS fan

Angie Moss, Print Editor in Chief

Fall sports are starting up right now and that means that football games, volleyball matches, golf meets, etc. are right around the corner. Are you ready to represent the student section well at each event? Here’s what you need to prevent being unprepared for the first few events of the 2016-2017 year:

• Something navy blue, white or red. Manhattan High’s colors are navy and white, with red as an accent color and if you don’t possess anything with these colors yet, you have some new life choices to make. Not only are these colors good for Red, Navy or White Out, but you can repurpose them for America Out as well.
    • Neon clothing. There is always a neon-out themed game, whether it be football or volleyball. Save yourself any future grief and buy the highlighter yellow scarf now.

• A Dig Pink volleyball t-shirt. These will be for sale later on in the season, but this game is not one to miss. The fundraiser goes toward cancer research and honors those we’ve lost to the disease.
  • Camo. Would we really be a high school in Kansas without a game with a camouflage theme?
  • Overalls, cowboy boots and a straw hat. Hillbilly Out is happening and you need to be prepared.   
  • Equality. There is more to MHS than football. Volleyball literally kills it every single week. Tennis, golf, cross country and soccer all play at least once a week as well. Make it a goal to go to at least one event of every sport this year. #RollTribe
  • A loud voice. Oh, sorry. I couldn’t hear you over the booming sound of Junction City’s student section. If your voice isn’t almost gone by the end of the night, you’re doing it wrong.
  • Respect. That being said, Junction City is indeed our rival, but that doesn’t mean we have to scream expletives at them every time we play them. Stay classy, Manhattan. We also need to have respect for our facilities. If you don’t want to clean up a hundred pounds of baby powder thrown into the air by teenagers, then our custodians don’t want to either.

Last year, our student section grew and became one of the best in the state, according to social media. Let’s continue that trend. Pay attention to the posters that our spirit club, Tribe, hangs up every week telling you the theme for each game and don’t hold back.